Beiträge von ñull

Sometimes you don't want to put a personal first and last name when the contact is a company. However in the list of users the company name never appears. The user name for security reasons might not clearly identify the company, nor the name of a person.

Could you please do something to improve this? May be you could also list the company name when the associated Contact Type is "Company/Organisation"?

There is a minor inconvenience and confusion for users when they add a new database. Just before submitting the form the user remembers that the database should be created under another subscription. Apparently the javascript counts on it that you follow the top-down order when filling out the form. When you change the subscription the other field content remains unchanged, which is good, but then the save button is greyed out! Apparently it "believes" that you should still fill out the other fields, but they are already, because the user simply decided to change the entry order, just correcting one error, namely the subscription.

The work around is that you add one character to the user name and then delete the added character again. The javascript will see the entry, validate the form and the save button becomes active. The fix would be that the form is not only validated when the text forms changed, but also when subscription changed.

Every time a new domain zone is created by LC, I need to manually create the zone on a secondary DNS servers. Is there no easy way to at least run some custom bash scripts every time a zone is created and deleted? That would be very helpful. My understanding of LUA script is not sufficient to suggest any solution.

I have this overriden in custom.lua:

Could you please add this feature to users.lua in a next release? It is very useful because it will allow us administrators to use the /etc/skel to set some desired defaults, like relocating the HOME to priv etc.

Thank you!

It's up and running again.

By the way: thank you for your translations! :) <3

I'm used to open source and I gladly keep my promise to maintain my translations up-to-date as a small contribution to this unique hosting control panel.

In the Wiki I find the instructions to migrate from Liveconfig using SQLite to using MySQL. I experience a problem in the third step:

Zitat

Schritt 3: Import der Daten
    Importieren Sie nun die in Schritt 1 exportierten Daten in MySQL:

$ mysql -u liveconfig -p -h localhost LIVECONFIG < /root/dump.sql
    Enter password: ************

I get the error ERROR at line 91: Unknown command '\\'. Line 91 is a very long line beginning with

SQL
    INSERT INTO APPTEXTS (AT_ID, AT_REV, AT_APPID, AT_LANG, AT_TITLE, AT_DESC_SHORT, AT_DESC_LONG, AT_VENDOR_URL) VALUES

and it continues with all the values on the same line. 91. Likely the script lcdbdump needs some correction to avoid long long lines?

Bei aptitude safe-upgrade sehe ich jetzt:

Nicht so schön wenn einige Kunden davon abhängig sind.

When logged in as admin, you can set the contact and associated email of the admin login user. This contact email is also the sender address of the password reset email. Not only for the admin but for all users that request a password reset. If you set your admin contact email for instance to a gmail address and someone with a gmail address tries to reset his password, he will get an email with:

to: client@gmail.com
    etc.

When you client@gmail.com receives the password reset email it will end up in the SPAM box. When POP3 service is used to retrieve client@gmail.com emails, then it will go unnoticed. When IMAP is used the message will silently go in the SPAM folder and there will be no notification of new mail (bold folder name in Thunderbird; it is SPAM therefore no notification needed, right?) With large hosting companies, with many password resets, the server might even end up being blacklisted.

My suggestions to improve this to either have a full blown smtp client in Liveconfig that would allow sending email from any smtp server or an extra Sender address setting for password reset emails. May be the Sender email should be part of the email template configuration?

No two factor authentication and yes the latest version. But I now discovered the reason why command line password reset failed. Apparently it now tests for how complex the password is. I used a lowercase only password and it failed, without notifying. Then I used the PaSsWoRt like in the example and voila I could suddenly log-in. So please could you check that and let the comman-line password reset give an error message when the password is weak and not the - /usr/sbin/liveconfig: Password updated successfully.

This issue remains unsolved and is becoming more urgent now. It has repeated itself on a second test server, where the admin password spontanuously stopped working. Happily I could reset the password there from the command line. On my first test server it still fails to reset.

SPAM abuse email comes in for my server IP. I need to respond quickly to build up my reputation. Would be nice to have some tools available for this. For instance:

• Easy access to mail account with high I/O traffic
    • Ability to suspend mail account separate from subscription, if possible only blocking outgoing mail.
    • Email template for "suspend mail" notification to client that is automatically sent when the mail account is suspended.

Logged in as administrator I go to Reports > Top-10 Subscriptions. In any of the three available displays when I click a subscription link I see:

Zitat

Error 500: Internal Server Error

An error occured while processing your request: Customer not found

Would be nice when that worked to quickly jump to email abusers.