Beiträge von ñull

What happens when afterwards I put a value?

I pretend to use this to quickly migrate my accounts from the other server and then afterwards account after account adjust the quotas manually. I try to avoid complicated algorithms in my script to work around quota overselling in the previous control panel.

Well I am afraid we were both mislead. I found out it had to do with the host name of the server, which by force is the host name of the primary DNS in a new template and by force is the hostname of the MX record in a new zone. When in test fase this hostname was just set to something that does not resolve the an IP address. Consequently bind will consider the domain zone invalid and responds to dig queries accordingly.

When I set in the /etc/hosts the address hostname to the IP address of the server, then suddenly bind considers the zone valid and dig responses correctly.

Sorry for wasting your time this way, but at least I learned something.

Above the mailbox quota value of 2047GB, unexpected values are stored, even negative. I know it is a crazy high value, but validation should take care of this correctly, warning the user that a maximum limit has been passed. It should not store incorrect values.

This happened when I set the hosting plan quota to unlimited. See also the related question about the meaning of "unbegrenzt"

I please need an explanation of what "unbegrenzt" means in the context of the parameters mailquota and webspace of the command HostingSubscriptionAdd. I know what the German word means, but I don't know how LiveConfig handle this non-value. For instance, when I create an account with both unlimited webspace, how is that handled? What if both mailquota AND webspace are unlimited? What happens when there are more then one account that have unlimited webspace and/or mailquota?

has no positive effect. I went to another server with ubuntu 12.04.3 LTS. Same problem. Now when I rewrite the zone file to this format it starts working:

Backend is SQLite. I did the change in bind.lua, restarted and switched to external dns and back again. Same result:

I tried something else I found in this thread:

Code
    /usr/sbin/named-checkzone domain.com.db /var/lib/bind/domain.com.db
    /var/lib/bind/domain.com.db:11: ignoring out-of-zone data (domain.com)
    /var/lib/bind/domain.com.db:19: ignoring out-of-zone data (dev.domain.com)
    /var/lib/bind/domain.com.db:20: ignoring out-of-zone data (www.domain.com)
    zone domain.com.db/IN: has 0 SOA records
    zone domain.com.db/IN: has no NS records
    zone domain.com.db/IN: not loaded due to errors.

When 10.0.0.164 is the ip address of the bind server and domain.com is configured in LC with "Own DNS server" with a valid DNS template, then I correctly see in /etc/bind/zones.liveconfig:

Code
    zone "domain.com" {
    	type master;
    	file "/var/lib/bind/domain.com.db";
    	update-policy { grant LiveConfig. subdomain domain.com. ANY; };
    };

... and /var/lib/bind/domain.com.db:

... but still the dig command will return:

Why is it failing? What is missing?

Presently the number of aliases (according to the SOAP reference documentation) is hard-coded and limited to 10. With the present available versions, is it be possible to override this maximum, in the configuration file for instance? Ideally I would think this limit should be set in the Hosting plan. In fact you have already the maximum number of addresses and mailboxes. Wouldn't these two settings not be sufficient to limit excessive use of addresses? Or was there any technical reason why this extra limit was added and hard-coded?

The licensing of LC likely needs an Internet connection but when I am on the road this is not always affordable (roaming, greedy airport management ) or often not even available (in an economy class plane). I would like to develop my migration script for LiveConfig independent of demo expiry or Internet, or in other words, a developer version. I want to be able to use my VirtualBox environment on my ultrabook with local IP addres and have a working LiveConfig for testing and working on my script. Is that possible? How?

At log-in and password reset, the user is nicely presented with the preferred language in his browser. This is really a great feature, but when I configure in my browser multiple preferred languages, for instance Spanish, Dutch and German in that order of priority, then log-in should appear in Dutch (because Spanish is not available yet), instead it default to English. English should only be chosen as default, when in order, none of the preferred languages match the available translations. This is just a minor issue, because many will understand English fine, but may be you could change the logic for those that don't and make us multilinguals even more happy.

Both in API and FrontEnd I miss the feature to delete Contacts. As a workaround, how would you do that properly from the command line with SQLite or with PHP?

How to start with a clean database?

I now see that apparently the description of HostingSubscriptionAdd has changed. I see that now -1 for both mailquota and webspace can be -1.

Can you please explain? Is overselling possible now? Limiting will only take place when the real used space is more then the contract total?

What you explain is that you cannot do mail quota "overselling", right? You can not reserve more space than is actually available. Well that is really sh*t then. Makes a migration script virtually impossible or very complex. Wonder how this affects other potential clients migrating from other panels that have loose limits and allow overselling.

I guess the same is valid for webspace quota, right? Same problem will arise there then, that all values need adjustment in some intelligent way.

When using API how to set the quota when you want let a mailbox use all available storage space, only limited by the contract quota? Or is that not possible? I attempt to write a migration script and the previous CP would allow the value unlimited. What internal validation is there in HostingMailboxAdd? Would it do strict accounting of the available mail space in the contract? If so, I would need to do the same accounting in my script.

In the API description of this command you can only set the "Webspace, server path" and "Webspace disabled" by either setting the parameter web or leaving it Null. How do you set by API any of the other options available?:

*Redirect with its three options select box and destination field
    *Application

Specially the first can be important when you want to write migration script from other control panels.